Monday, December 9, 2013

Sounds Like This Blog

La Bamba-director is Luis Valdez, 
Sleepwalk- Richie Valens
Composer- Santo & Johnny 

The context of this musical piece within the film really relates to the films story, main character Richie Valens, and the setting. The song sleepweek is a famous song from Richie Valens and one of the saddest songs so to have it playing while they announce Richie's death really set the mood for the scene.

The music combined with the imagery used in the scene affected me in a tremendous way as I'm sure as it did to many viewers to just cry their hearts out. The whole mood in the scene made me feel as one of my family members had died since throughout the movie the audience got to know Richie Valens and feel a personal relationship with him. It did trugger a specific memory when the real Richie Valens passed away.

In my opinion I feel the musical piece was really effective in setting the mood for this scene. It did succeed in evoking the intended response since I'm pretty sure there isn't anyone I know who didn't get emotional while watching this extremely sad scene especially when his mom breaks down and endlessly cries. 


No comments:

Post a Comment