Thursday, September 12, 2013

Thoughts on movies

In my own opinion a movie does not have to have a long criteria list for it to be considered a good movie to me. My criteria is actually simple, as long as there is a storyline, action, and humor I will be satisfied. I have seen some movies in the past with no plot and to me I see no point in a movie if there isn't anything to solve or give the movie some purpose. As much as I love comedies and horror films I am also a fan of love movies such as The Notebook. A movie that can touch my heart and make me feel their love and can bring tears to my eyes is a well played movie. Great actors can make a huge difference in how the movie can grab my attention the whole time. The two movies in week two viewing were interesting since I had never watched a silent film in the past. Le Voyage Dans La Lune was the one of the two that I enjoyed more. It didn't need any words to be able to understand what the storyline of the movie was. I liked the action part and how they had an obstacle thrown at them that they had to overcome. A trip safe home made the ending not only relieving that they were able to get out of the moon safe but that it gave the movie a good ending. The second movie, The Great Train Robbery didn't really grab my attention. There was action but not much of a plot since it was hard to tell what was going on in the movie. Two of my favorite films would fit both of my movie must haves of humor, action, and love. The Notebook would have to be my all time favorite movie since the actors, clothing, and setting really took us back to the time period their love started to blossom. The movie was able to give the audience an emotional connection to be able to feel as we were there with them. Their love for one another made it seem very realistic and natural. At the end when they had died together made me feel sad and happy for them since the audience was about to watch their love grow throughout their stages in life. I know films don't always have to be real life situations but this movie proved how love like theirs can exist and last like that. Another film I consider to be another of my favorite would have to be End of Watch. This movies is hilarious and has tons of action that they make look very realistic since its based off of one of the cops "video camera" and shows us the point of view from the cops . It gives the audience an inside view of the life of a cop and all the drama they face on a daily basis. It also throws it humor between the two partners and their own family so it gave me that connection and felt as I was getting to know the two partners. The ending resulted in a death that made me feel as if it was someone I knew who had just past away with that connection the movie made me feel for the actors. These two movies are very different but they fit perfectly into my criteria list and turned out to become my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment